Voir la page en français


If you want to carry out an internship in one of Paris-Sud University's research laboratories, you need an internship agreement (convention de stage) which defines the terms of the agreement between you and the laboratory.

Who can do an internship in a research laboratory?

  • Internships are open to every student enrolled in a higher education institution.
  • If you want to do an internship via the Erasmus programme, contact the International Relations Office of your university


  • Contact the laboratory and apply for an internship. Send them your CV and a cover letter.
  • Contact your home university to find out what they need to do to enable you to do an internship abroad.

Administrative procedure

  • If you come from a country for which a visa is required, you will have to contact the French embassy in your home country to request the appropriate visa for an internship in France.
  • Contact your health insurance provider to get a certificate to cover expenses in case of emergency. In France, you will need civil liability insurance (assurance responsabilité civile).

Financial assistance

  • Students carrying out internships which last longer than two months will be granted a monthly payment between €500 and €600. If you come through the Erasmus programme you might get financial assistance from your home university.