Voir la page en français


The University halls of residence


The University halls of residence are managed by CROUS (the Regional Student Welfare Office).

Rooms are available for 9, 10 or 12 months and are allocated according to students' personal circumstances.

As the number of applications exceeds the number of rooms available, it may be difficult to get a room in one of the University's halls of residence. We therefore encourage you to explore alternative options, even if you have applied for a room.

A few words about the university halls of residence

All the University halls of residence are situated close to the university so that students don’t have to travel too far. Single rooms are about 10 m2 in area. Each room contains a bed, a desk and a wardrobe. CROUS also provides sheets and blankets. Halls of residence are usually close to a university restaurant (which is even open in the evenings) and a library.

Bathrooms, toilets and kitchens are shared with other students living on the same floor. Rooms with private bathrooms are also available for couples. Halls of residence provide the ideal quiet atmosphere for work, and they are also sociable places where you will quickly make friends.

Rent a flat near the campus with STUDAPART

You are a future international student of Paris-Sud University. On this platform you will be able to:

  • Find a rental close to the campus
  • Find your international or French roommate
  • Find a sublet
  • Find a room in a French family

Thousands of accommodations from private owners, halls of residence, real estate agencies, or rooms in private homes, are available close to the school.


Association Héberjeunes

This association, situated on the Orsay campus (building 311), can help you find accommodation.

It is open on Wednesdays and Thursdays (4-6 pm) and Fridays (9 am-6 pm).

Phone: 01 69 15 65 44 / 52 52

Further information can be found on the Héberjeunes web page

In need of financial help?

Don’t forget that you can receive state housing benefits to help you pay for accommodation, such as the Aide au Logement Social (ASL) and Aide Personnalisée (APL)

For more information, see http://www.caf.fr

The Aides Loca-Pass can also help you pay part of the deposit that landlords will require.

For further information, contact the Agence SOLENDI in the town of Antony.

3 Avenue de la Division Leclerc,
92160 ANTONY.
Phone: 01 56 45 13 20.

Further information concerning student accomodation can be found here