Orsay IUT (University Institute of Technology)
The Orsay IUT is a leading training institution in chemistry, computer science, and physical measurements.
Orsay University Institute of Technology offers a two-year technical degree comprising both lectures and practical classes. Various projects are undertaken and, at the end of the second year, students must complete a 10-12 week internship in industry.
Equipped with the most advanced technology platforms, it is home to 1,100 undergraduate, apprentices and further education students. The IUT has been offering study / work internships for forty years, thanks to its close ties with industry.
Research is conducted at three laboratories: The Laboratory of Molecular Analysis Instruments and Techniques (LETIAM), Analysis of Economic Change, Information Technology, and Companies (AMETIS), and the Laboratory of Interfaces and Separation Processes (INTERSEP).
Main teaching and research fields
Applied physics and instrumentation, chemistry, computer science
Three research centres :
- AMETIS : the impact of IT on economic change and society
- INTERSEP : interfaces and separation processes
- LETIAM : molecular analysis
How to apply
Applications from countries using the CEF system (Centre pour les Etudes en France) should be made via the Campus France website.
All other applications should be made through Admission Post Bac, the French online undergraduate admission system.
Head of international office : Hélène Maynard
relations-internationales.iut-orsay @ u-psud.fr (relations-internationales.iut-orsay @ u-psud.fr)
Main partner universities
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi - UQAC (Canada)
- Université du Québec à Trois Rivières - UQTR (Canada)
- Heriot-Watt University (United Kingdom)
- Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto (Portugal)
- Universidad de Buenos Aires (Argentina)