Taiwan Paris-Sud Doctoral Scholarships
The Taiwan Paris-Sud Doctoral Scholarships are offered to incoming PhD students who show outstanding promise for careers in academic research and teaching. Fellowships are available in all fields of study except clinical medicine and other research subjects that require clinical fees. The fellowship includes an annual stipend (approximately 7,200 €/year/Ph.D. student) to cover living expenses and tuition fees, and is awarded for a period of three (3) years. Applicants must be citizens of Taiwan. The scholarship is cost-shared by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan, the University and the research lab.
Candidates for a Taiwan Paris-Sud Doctoral Scholarship may search for a field/ fields of study and suitable supervisor(s) in the Paris-Sud University research institutes on the following web site:
Additionnally, several PhD supervisors have proposed projects for this programme :
- Chemistry : Catalysis by Gallium and Indium Complexes
- Chemistry : Radiation-induced synthesis of nanostructured conducting polymers: application in photovoltaic devices
- Computer science : Linearization framework forinteger non linear programs. Application to energy-efficient downlink resource allocation problem in heterogeneous OFDMA networks
- Life Sciences - Medicine - Health : Structure-function analysis of the protein-kinase CpsD, which coordinates capsule synthesis and cell cycle in the pathogen Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Life Sciences - Medicine - Health : Metagenomic Approaches to Understand and Control Microbial Biofilms in Fuel Storage, Distribution and Delivery Systems
- Physics Engineering Sciences : Glass micro and nano smithing of devices and sensors for extreme environments
- Physics Engineering Sciences : Fast luminosity monitoring and feedback using monocrystalline CVD diamond sensors at the SuperKEKB electron-positron collider in Japan
- Physics Engineering Sciences : Novel topological superconducting states with magnetic impurities in superconductors
If you require any further information, please contact the Programme Director:
Pr. Michael S. DuBow, email@example.com (michael.dubow @ u-psud.fr)- tel: 01 69 15 46 12
- Find a research lab or PhD project which interests you and identify the supervisor.
- Send the supervisor a CV and cover letter to explain why you want to undertake the project. The supervisor may ask you for additional information.
- Obtain an acceptance letter cosigned by your potential Ph.D. supervisor, the Director of the laboratory, the Director of the Doctoral School and the VP for International Relations before January 14, 2016.
- Apply to the the Ministry of Education (MOE, Taiwan), using the online application form available at the MOE Scholarship website, from December 8 to January 14, 2016 (dates subject to change).
- MOE, Taïwan will publish the list of eligible applicants on February 16, 2016.
- Publication of the laureates on April 30, 2016.
The first Taiwan Paris-Sud PhD candidates
In September 2014 three Taiwanese students started their Ph.D. programmes in Physics, Sports and Information and Communication Technology, and thus benefitting from the high quality laboratories at Paris-Sud University. At a welcome lunch supervisors and Ph.D. students met and talked about their first impressions.
A cocktail was organized on May 5, 2015, for sharing views on the beginning of the programme.
The second Taiwan Paris-Sud PhD candidates
We are glad to welcome three new Taiwanese Ph.D. students from September 2015. Their doctoral research is in the fields of Physics, Plant Sciences and Therapeutic Innovations.