- Campus Life
Taiwan Paris-Sud Doctoral Scholarships
The Taiwan Paris-Sud Doctoral Scholarships are offered to incoming PhD students who show outstanding promise for careers in academic research and teaching. Fellowships are available in all fields of study except clinical medicine and other research subjects that require clinical fees. The fellowship includes an annual stipend (14,400 €/year/Ph.D. student) to cover living expenses and tuition fees, and is awarded for a period of three years. Applicants must be citizens of Taiwan. The scholarship is cost-shared by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan, the University and the research lab.
Candidates for a Taiwan Paris-Sud Doctoral Scholarship can search for a field/ fields of study and suitable supervisor(s) in the Paris-Sud University research institutes on the following web site:
Moreover, Ph.D. supervisors who are particularly interested in a Taiwan Ph.D. student in this program propose the following projects:
- Transverse wobbling and chiral bands in A~130 nuclei
- Charmonium production with A Large Ion Collider Experiment (ALICE) at the LHC
- Transition symmetry/asymmetry in the fission of proton-rich nuclei
- Pairing correlations in ultra-cold Fermi gases and neutron matter
- Innovative nano-structured materials: structural study by X-ray scattering
- Probing dendritic spines structural Long-Term Potentiation changes by intraneuronal transport measurements using fluorescent nanodiamonds in novel transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer-related memory defects
- The mechanisms of biofilm degradation induced by atmospheric pressure non-thermal plasma decontamination
- Catalysis by main-group metal
- High throughput analysis of microbiota associated to natural GMOs (plants)
- Increasing crossover numbers: genetics and effects of aneuploidy
- Quantification of uncertainties in groundwater flow
- Energy‐efficient Radio Design for Green IoT Networks
- Comparative corporate governance, a legal perspective (European Union/Taiwan)
If you require any further information, please contact the Programme Director:
Pr. Michael S. DuBow, email@example.com (michael.dubow @ u-psud.fr)- tel: 01 69 15 46 12
- Find a research lab or Ph.D. project which interests you and identify the supervisor.
- Send the supervisor a CV and cover letter to explain why you want to undertake the project. The supervisor may ask you for additional information.
- When selected by a supervisor, go to ADUM website to create an account and apply for the Ph.D. project.
- Go through the admission procedure from the doctoral programme and get your admission letter.
- Apply to the the Ministry of Education (MOE, Taiwan), using the online application form available at the MOE Scholarship website, from December 8 to January 16, 2017 (dates subject to change).
- MOE, Taïwan will publish the list of eligible applicants on February 16, 2017.
- Publication of the laureates on April 30, 2017.
The first Taiwan Paris-Sud PhD candidates
In September 2014 three Taiwanese students started their Ph.D. programmes in Physics, Sports and Information and Communication Technology, and thus benefitting from the high quality laboratories at Paris-Sud University. At a welcome lunch supervisors and Ph.D. students met and talked about their first impressions.
A cocktail was organized on May 5, 2015, for sharing views on the beginning of the programme.
The second Taiwan Paris-Sud PhD candidates
We were glad to welcome three new Taiwanese Ph.D. students from September 2015. Their doctoral research is in the fields of Physics, Plant Sciences and Therapeutic Innovations.