- Campus Life
- Science and society
Welcome assistance at Paris-Sud
Paris-Sud University welcomes and supports migrant students and researchers thanks to programmes such as Syria Program in partnership with Campus France and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
For further information about migrant dedicated support offered by Campus France:
To anticipate administrative requirements you can be supported by a specific CNOUS contact from “Académie de Versailles” (the Administrative body Paris-Sud depends on). This contact will help you deal with administrative information and application forms.
Please contact: barbara.gadou @ crous-versailles.fr (barbara.gadou @ crous-versailles.fr)
+33 1 39 24 52 54
APPLYING FOR REFUGEE STATUS: OFPRA
RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN DEGREES OR DIPLOMAS
Having your degree or diploma assessed in order to facilitate recognition is highly recommended.
- You can be supported by ENIC-NARIC center in this process;
- Please use the CIEP data base http://www.enseignement.be/index.php?page=27233&navi=3729
SPECIFIC FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Scholarship programmes you can specifically apply to as a migrant student:
- 100 "health insurance" scholarships (co-financed by Campus France and French institutions).
- 120 "Syria" scholarships from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Campus France also takes part in European Scholarships:
- HOPES project – Higher and Further Education Perspectives for Syrians: provides funding for innovative short-term education projects targeting refugees and vulnerable host communities across Egypt, Northern Iraq (KRI), Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and/or Syria; implemented by local and regional educational institutions. (april 2016 – november 2019).
A Diploma in French Language Study (DELF) is usually required to register for a university Degree course.
A B2 level in French is required in order to register for a higher education course.
AGENCE UNIVERSITAIRE DE LA FRANCOPHONIE (AUF)
Linguistic and cultural assistance to migrant students in order to benefit from a FLE programme:
A French as a foreign language module preparing for DELF test (A Diploma in French Language Study)
COMPRENDRE POUR APPRENDRE
This 4 language platform (English, French, Arabic and Dari) provides volunteers networking (for translation and conversation) and many resources to learn French (self-learning, workshops, cultural activities, etc.) www.cpafrance.fr/
FRENCH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE CENTERS DIRECTORY
This online platform provides assistance to foreign newcomers who want to realize their projects in France
Facilitates migrants’ and refugees’ access to higher education and French courses. www.resome.org/
The French language awarding school for refugees and asylum seekers http://thot-fle.fr/en.html
Semestrial, intensive and free program dedicated to migrants who want to learn French quickly in order to pursue their studies or to find a job: