- Campus Life
- Science and society
The University restaurant or the Cafeteria?
University restaurants offer balanced meals at an affordable price. For your main course, there is a choice of three dishes which can be combined with a starter, cheese and a dessert or piece of fruit. There is always a wide variety to choose from. There are regular quality and hygiene inspections in all university restaurants.
Between 12 pm and 1 pm there can be long queues. You need to allow a whole hour between lectures if you are eating in a university restaurant.
If you are busy or in a hurry, the "cafeteria" option may be the best option. Sandwiches, croque-monsieurs, salads, sometimes also a dish of the day, croissants, cakes, yoghurts and fruit... all sorts of snacks and light meals are available for a healthy lunch at low prices (from €2.50).
Cafeterias are also open all day.
How much does it cost?
All university restaurants are managed by CROUS (a national student organisation). A single meal ticket costs €3.10 (fixed price for 2012-2013).
The cafeterias are managed either by CROUS or by a private company. This is the main reason why there is a price difference between university restaurants and cafeterias.
However, the prices in the university cafeterias and restaurants are much lower than elsewhere. For example, the average price of a coffee is €0.60.
You have access to all the university restaurants and cafeterias. Each ticket is valid across the whole of the Versailles region (which includes départements 91, 92, 95, 78).
Please note that university restaurants only accept payment in cash or by bank card.
University restaurants, Cafeterias, Steakhouses and Bars… addresses and opening times
- School of Law, Economics and Management in Orsay
- Cafeteria, building 236. Open from Monday to Friday, from 8.30 to 16.00.
- School of Law, Economics and Management in Sceaux
- Resto U "La coulée verte"- Building E. Open every day from 11.30 to 14.00.
- Cafeteria - Building F, ground floor. Open every day, from 8.00 to 16.30.
- Bar - Building E. Open from 11.30 to 14.00.
- School of Medicine
- Cafeteria – Open from Monday to Friday, from 8.30 to 15.30.
- School of Pharmacy
- Resto U. Open from 11.30 to 13.45.
- Crous Cafeteria. Open from 8.00 to 17.00.
- Cafeteria “Le Rendez-vous de la Fac”, hall d'honneur. Open from 8.00 to 17.30.
- School of Sciences
- Resto U d'Orsay "Les Cèdres" - Building 406. Open from Monday to Friday, from 11.30 to 13.30, Saturday from 11.45 to 13.15.
- Cafeteria. Open from Monday to Friday, from 7.30 to 16.00.
- Steakhouse. Open from Monday to Friday, from 11.30 to 13.30.
- Resto U "Les Marais de Bures" - Building. 230. Open from Monday to Friday, from 11.30 to 13.30.
- Coin Café : from Monday to Friday, from 11.30 to 14.00.
- "Café des Sports" with a steakhouse option and a university restaurant option. Open from Monday to Friday, from 11.30 to 23.00 non-stop.
- "L’Amphi" Bar - Building 332. Open from Monday to Friday, from 7.30 to 16.30.
- Cafeteria “L’Expresceaux” - Building 237. Open from Monday to Friday, from 8.00 to 15.00.
- Cachan Institute of Technology
- The institute’s cafeteria for a quick snack.
- The ENS university restaurant, situated next to the IUT for a more substantial meal.
- Orsay Institute of Technology
- Cafeteria. Open from Monday to Thursday from 8.00 to 17.00 and Friday from 8.00 to 16.00.
- Access to the SUPELEC, located next to the institute, and to the restaurants of the Faculty of Science at Orsay.
- Sceaux Institute of Technology
- Cafeteria. Open from Monday to Friday from 7.30 to 16.30. Phone N°: 01 40 91 24 30.
- Students have access to the university restaurants of the Jean Monnet Faculty at Sceaux, the “Ecole Centrale” and Faculty of Pharmacy at Châtenay-Malabry.